It's been a year since I got my license. Yes!!! The triangle or probation plate is officially off the front and rear mirror.... Boohooo to those who loves picking on probational drivers.
Eversince I passed my driving test, I realised how vulnerable it made me looked with the probational plate displayed on the car. While most drivers tolerated my steady speed on the road and courteously gave way to me, others were purely rude and unsympathetic.
I know the road isn't mine that I was driving a little too slow at times but do spare me a thought. Hey, I do need to build up my road confidence. I came across one driver who was honking away at me when I was actually driving at the acceptable speed of 50-60km/h. It got my father profusely mad that he wanted to wind down the window to scold the unethical driver.
I just hope that Singaporean drivers will learn to control themselves, emotionally, while driving on the road. I mean, let's face it. Singapore's a tiny island and why are we rushing? Isn't it better to be safe than sorry?! We should learn to be courteous and tolerant drivers just like the Europeans.
No comments:
Post a Comment